The Seven Lakes PTSA Senior Scholarship is now available. Download here.
Description: The Seven Lakes High School PTSA will award several $1000 scholarships to Seven Lakes graduating Seniors in recognition of service, leadership and academics for the purpose of encouraging the recipient to proceed into fields of higher education.
Deadline: Friday, April 6, 2018 by 3:00 p.m. (No Exceptions). Application should be turned in to the Counselor’s Office for date, grades and discipline verification.
Scholarship Selection Committee: The Scholarship Committee will consist of a secondary teacher or administrator (not associated with SLHS) and two Katy community members. The committee will review applications with all personal identifying information removed (name, address, etc.) to guarantee applicant anonymity.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior in good standing at Seven Lakes High School and must have attended SLHS for his/her entire senior year.
- Applicant AND one parent/guardian must have been members of the SLHS PTSA by October 15 of the applicant’s senior year.
- Applicant must have maintained a high school GPA of 2.8 or higher and must include a copy of his/her transcript with the application.
- Applicant must submit two (2) Letters of Recommendation from the following. (Out of courtesy, applicant should give two (2) weeks’ notice to those writing letters of recommendation.)
- Any SLHS faculty member or administrator
- Any other source of choice with no familial relationship to the applicant (employer, coach, pastor, youth leader, etc.)
- Applicant must submit a Resume with all activities, beginning in his/her freshman year, listed chronologically. Include the following:
- All school--‐related activities: clubs, athletics, fine arts programs, scholastic competitions, student council, Spartans Out Serving (SOS), etc.
- All leadership positions and any special recognition or awards received while active in the activities listed above.
- Employment experience.
- All community involvement, including church activities, service organizations, athletic clubs, etc., including special recognition, awards, and leadership positions.
- Applicant must submit an essay, typed or computer--‐generated, of 250 words or less, in response to the following prompt: “Choose the invention that you think has had the most negative impact on our world and explain why you chose that invention.”
Restrictions: Any applicants known to be receiving a full scholarship for tuition will not be considered for this award. Incomplete applications will not be considered for award.
PTSA 2017-2018 Officers:
President : Megan Whittemore
1st VP Programs : Cortney Arenstein
2nd VP Membership : Aglaen Kirk
3rd VP Ways & Means : Shannon Rees
4th VP VIPS : Cindy Cruz-Davis
Secretary : Jennifer Gawne
Treasurer : Hema Sharma
2017-2018 PTSA General Membership Meeting Dates
Thursday, March 8 - 6:00pm - LGI
Thursday, May 3 - 11:00am - LGI
Attention all students and parents:!
SLHS PTSA has partnered with a fantastic company that will support our school all year round! Dormitup.com offers the Easiest Dorm Shopping Ever for SENIORS! It's also great for SUMMER CAMPERS - Get all of your summer camp supplies, all in one bundle!
SENIORS, here's an easy and affordable way to get your dorm room essentials before going off to college! Dormitup.com sells dorm room packages so you get everything all at once, without having to run to stores and overspending. Choose any colors you like, as they have over 50 styles/colors for guys and girls! They can deliver your dorm package to your house over the summer, or even directly to your dorm room when you move in!
SUMMER CAMPERS, Dormitup.com also provides an easy and affordable way to get your Twin XL bedding, as well as other supplies for summer camp! Over 50 styles/colors to choose from!
Don't forget to use the PROMO CODE SPARTANS at checkout for $10 OFF + Free Shipping! They can deliver your summer camp package to your house over the summer, or even directly to your camp!
The "Just Write a Check" campaign, our primary fundraiser for the school year, is off to a great start. The proceeds from this campaign will benefit our award winning school, teachers and students. Please consider writing a check and sending it in with your student. Help the Seven Lakes High School PTSA do even more for our school!
Upcoming School Events
Wednesday, January 24
- Family Night
Wednesday, February 7
- Mr. Seven Lakes
Tuesday, March 8th
- PTSA General Board Meeting
Seven Lakes Spirit Wear and Merchandise for Sale
Here's a sample of what's available: